11.10.2007

Overview of Genesis 1

Genesis 1 is a bird's-eye view of creation during the seven days wherein God is making and organizing the earth as a home for man. God creates and separates to make a hospitable environment in which man can live. Although Genesis 1 is written flying high above the scene, there is an extremely strong foreshadowing of chapter two wherein God creates and separates to make man a home for God.
Arguably the most important verse in all of the bible, Genesis 1:26 sets the tone and makes sense of all of chapter two. I am not aware of anyone else who interprets this verse as I see it, but as I see it, it is a much more powerful verse than is commonly realized. In fact, it makes sense of the rest of the bible. It makes sense of life. It is the source of the name of this blog.
Tomorrow I will explain more. Thanks for reading.


Copyright 2007.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tony,

Book idea sounds great, best wishes to you as you go about sorting this out and making the masterpiece it is sure to be.

Can you post the quotes you are referring to? also some of the greek/hebrew other words that you are defining?

Just a thought

love to you and the whole family

tf

Anthony Biese said...

Thanks, Cousin Tim, for sending a comment to my new-born blog. Yes, I think that is a good idea to include the bible quotes with my references; I'll also see what I can do to add information on the Greek and Hebrew words (I just have to think about how I want to do that; I want to make this as easy to understand as possible and not too heady).
--Tony

Copyright 2007

Thanks for reading.