12.10.2007

Eucharistic Poem I Wrote in College

I just found this old poem I started on 8/24/1991 and finished 4/9/1992 during my junior year in college. I had forgotten that I had written this. I wrote a few poems in college, and this may be the last one I've written.

RAYS

Small gestures made
A scattering of words spoken
The roaring waterfall pounds down.
The morsel washed away
Vanished from between fingers.

The Sun rises.

Soaked to the bone
We are given something uncontainable
Contained
All glorious and mighty
Hidden.

The Sun’s rays beam through the water
Colors captivating
The universe is naught
‘tis but a making
And it is everything
He who is, has entered it.

The non-nourishing morsel
Lost
Leaves in its place
The Nourisher.

The Sun rises.
Life is lifted.

Soaked to the bone
Kneeling
Overwhelmed
Drawn forth
We hold onto faith.

We rise
We consume
And are consumed.

One we become.

The Sun Has Risen.

Thanks for reading and your prayers.
Copyright 2007.
All rights reserved.

No comments:

Copyright 2007

Thanks for reading.